Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 1: Chicago to New York to Boston

I left Chicago today.

I am sitting on the floor in JFK, having just devoured some incredibly overpriced sushi, trying to comprehend everything that has happened to me in the last week. Namely: I packed up my entire life to ship home, said goodbye to some of the best friends I've ever made, left my job, left my clients, left my city, and embarked on a crazy whirlwind tour of part of the east coast.

Leaving is always exhausting, and this move has been particularly tough - I found myself another family here in Chicago, and choosing to walk away from it is scary. I know that they support me in this adventure, and I'm excited for it too, but it's hard to leave, and it's sad to know that I won't see some of them again for at least a year.

I'm on my way to Boston right now, to visit some friends and family, and then next Saturday I head home for ten days before leaving for Israel. It's a little scary to think that in seventeen days I'll be on a plane bound for Tel Aviv.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter