Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 18: JFK

I woke up very, very early this morning to get to RDU so that I could fly to JFK, where I am currently sitting. And waiting. And waiting. My flight to Tel Aviv is at 7:35 and it is currently 12:55, and I have been here since 9:30. It's been a bit of a day.

This week went by in a bit of a haze of packing. Narrowing down all of your earthly possessions to just what will fit in two suitcases that can't weigh more than 50 pounds each is a bit of a challenge, especially when you consider that I'm moving somewhere with four very distinct seasons.

So. Tomorrow I land in Tel Aviv at 1ish, and then I have to get myself to Jerusalem where I'll be meeting up with Sharon for a few days. I'll move into my new apartment on the 30th or the 31st, and start getting settled. Orientation starts on the 1st, and we pretty much dive right in! I'm very excited for the next few weeks - I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter