Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 11: North Carolina

I've been home for a few days now, and they've been some of the most productive days I've had in a while! I've basically been sorting through all of my belongings, trying to get rid of clothes and belongings that I don't wear or use anymore, and unpacking everything I brought home from Chicago. I've done a ton of other stuff as well - went to see Julie and Julia with Mom, got a new carry-on suitcase for the flight to Israel, set up a new bank account that I can use abroad, picked up some fair trade tea for Sharon, etc.

It's definitely taking time to adjust to being out of Chicago - I'm doing a really big thing right now, and it's difficult to do it when my friends are all so far away, but it's also really nice to be home with my parents. Also, I'd forgotten how nice it can be to have a car! Don't get me wrong - I love public transit. I really, really do - I love taking the train to get places, and knowing how the bus system works. On the other hand, being able to walk out my front door and get into a car that's waiting for me and drive anywhere I want at my own pace, with my own soundtrack and control over the air-conditioning is amazing.

I'm starting to get really excited about Israel - Pardes posted the class schedule for the upcoming year, and I spent some time looking at that yesterday - I wanted to start highlighting things, but I've decided to hold off on making any major decisions about classes until I'm actually in Israel. I don't really need to worry about any of it right now, and I have other things to focus on! Look at me, taking things one step at a time. :)

Still on my to-do list are things like buying health insurance and an Israeli cell phone, both of which will probably happen this evening. Or tomorrow. Or maybe on Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Hit Counter